Taco-Filled Pasta Shells Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each casserole):
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Transfer to a bowl; cool. Chill for 1 hour.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Gently toss with butter. Fill each shell with about 3 tablespoons of meat mixture. Place 12 shells in a freezer container. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To prepare remaining shells, spoon salsa into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Top with stuffed shells and taco sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses and chips. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with sour cream and onions.
- To use frozen shells: Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours (shells will be partially frozen). Spoon salsa into a greased 9-in. square baking dish; top with shells and taco sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses and chips; proceed as directed. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews for Taco-Filled Pasta Shells(20)
Sort By :
This was fantastic! We are vegetarian, so I did a bag (almost 1 pd.) of our veggie burger, and one can of black beans (only because our veggie burger is quite pricey!). The rest I did exactly as the recipe stated. I baked all so we have left-overs for tomorrow. Thanks for sharing - my husband said it is his favorite meal now!
I loved this! especially that you can freeze a batch for a liter date!
Very tasty - next time I will use low sodium taco seasoning, because it was just a touch salty.
My kids and wife loved it. I thought it was very good also and will add it to our list of favorite recipes.
I just finished dinner and I have to say DELICIOSO!!!!! I loved it! Thank you for sharing this recipe, my mouth loved savoring each and every bite! I have been meaning to try this for about 3 weeks and today, I did it. I had some interruptions and forgot to butter the shells, also to cover the pan when baking for 30 min. It was still scrumpdiddlyishious! If you like spicy Tex-Mex style food DONT MISS OUT ON THIS!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >