“This dip recipe is one of my favorites," says Aleta Amick of Madison, Wisconsin. "It’s so easy to make and always goes over well at the parties and large get-togethers I bring it to.”
26 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and chili powder
- until smooth; stir in salsa. Spread cream cheese mixture over a
- large serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Layer cream cheese mixture with lettuce, cheddar cheese, Monterey
- Jack cheese, tomato and olives if desired. Serve with chips. Yield:
- about 6-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without olives and tortilla chips) equals 90 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56