Taco Dip Platter
To make this zesty appetizer, you simply layer beans, salsa, cheese and other taco-like ingredients onto a platter, reveals Marieann Johansen of Desert Hot Springs, California "I like to call it a 'walking dip', because you can scoop some on a plate with a few tortilla chips, then take it with you as you stroll around and talk with guests," she shares.—Marieann Johansen, Desert Hot Springs,
16-20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup guacamole
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Spread beans on a 12-in. serving plate. Layer the salsa, guacamole
- and sour cream over beans, within 1 in. of edges for each layer.
- Sprinkle with chilies, olives and cheeses.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield:
- 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 120 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.