Taco Dip Dragon Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup guacamole
- 2 cups torn lettuce
- 1 whole ripe olive
- Dragon Dippers or purchased tortilla chips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine the beans and taco seasoning. Cut a large hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; fill with bean mixture. Trace a dragon shape (about 16 in. x 10 in.) onto waxed paper (see diagram below); cut out. Place pattern on an 18-in. x 12-in. covered board. Pipe bean mixture around pattern. Remove pattern. Pipe remaining bean mixture within dragon outline; spread to fill.
- 2. Set aside 1 tablespoon sour cream. Spread remaining sour cream over bean mixture. Top with cheese, tomatoes, olives, guacamole and lettuce. For the eye, spoon reserved sour cream onto head; top with the olive.
- 3. Place Dragon Dippers along back and top of head. With a sharp knife, cut red pepper into a flame shape (see diagram); position below mouth. Serve with additional dippers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 275 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.