Knights are sure to clamor for this mythical monster. Refried beans are spread into a dragon shape and sprinkled with tempting toppings. Tortilla chip "scales" line its back while red pepper "flames" blaze from its mouth.
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup guacamole
- 2 cups torn lettuce
- 1 whole ripe olive
- Dragon Dippers or purchased tortilla chips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper
- In a bowl, combine the beans and taco seasoning. Cut a large hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; fill with bean mixture. Trace a dragon shape (about 16 in. x 10 in.) onto waxed paper (see diagram below); cut out. Place pattern on an 18-in. x 12-in. covered board. Pipe bean mixture around pattern. Remove pattern. Pipe remaining bean mixture within dragon outline; spread to fill.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon sour cream. Spread remaining sour cream over bean mixture. Top with cheese, tomatoes, olives, guacamole and lettuce. For the eye, spoon reserved sour cream onto head; top with the olive.
- Place Dragon Dippers along back and top of head. With a sharp knife, cut red pepper into a flame shape (see diagram); position below mouth. Serve with additional dippers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Taco Dip Dragon in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p57
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Taco Dip Dragon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review