“This dip recipe is one of my favorites," says Aleta Amick of Madison, Wisconsin. "It’s so easy to make and always goes over well at the parties and large get-togethers I bring it to.”
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and chili powder until smooth; stir in salsa. Spread cream cheese mixture over a large serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Layer cream cheese mixture with lettuce, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, tomato and olives if desired. Serve with chips. Yield: about 6-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Taco Dip in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p12
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Taco Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review