- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups crushed corn chips, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Unroll crescent dough into a rectangle; press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with 1 cup of chips; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Spoon over chips. Top with sour cream, cheese and remaining chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Taco Crescent Bake
"This was good and easy to make. I made up the taco mixture last night so it was even quicker to put together today. I did use two packs of taco seasoning as one didn't give the meat enough flavor for us. I also cooked the dough 10 minutes before adding the taco meat. I added the meat and cooked the remaining 15 minutes. I then added the cheese and let it melt and then added the sour cream and lettuce but not putting it back in the oven. I let everyone put chips on their serving if they wanted too. Everyone liked this as it was something different. Will make again."
"Baked the crust first...got approval from the whole family! Very tasty!"
"Made this tonight. Family enjoyed it thoroughly."
"Great start. I bake the crust 10 minutes first. Then put a layer of refried beans before adding the chips. Then put the meat mixture. I added a layer of green chiles for a little heat. Then finished with the sour cream, cheese, and chips. Baked another 15 to 20 minutes. Was very good with the changes."
"This is a family favorite recipe. I love to make it when company comes over. It receives rave reviews."