Taco Crescent Bake Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups crushed corn chips, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Unroll crescent dough into a rectangle; press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with 1 cup of chips; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Spoon over chips. Top with sour cream, cheese and remaining chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Taco Crescent Bake(14)
Sort By :
Made this tonight. Family enjoyed it thoroughly.
Great start. I bake the crust 10 minutes first. Then put a layer of refried beans before adding the chips. Then put the meat mixture. I added a layer of green chiles for a little heat. Then finished with the sour cream, cheese, and chips. Baked another 15 to 20 minutes. Was very good with the changes.
This is a family favorite recipe. I love to make it when company comes over. It receives rave reviews.
I made this recipe but the only thing I did differently was, after I put the chips on the crust I baked the crust for about 10 mins. Then after I added other ingredients I baked it until the cheese was melted and the crust edges are golden brown. /The other ingredients are already cooked. This helps the crust to get less soggy. This is absolutely a favorite of my family!
Been making this since the recipe first came out in the Quick Cooking magazine some years back. My family prefers the original recipe, but it's easy to add what you want such as beans, etc. I usually add more cheese and sometimes more sour cream.
It's always a big hit at covered dish dinners. I get asked for the recipe wherever I take it. Especially popular with teenagers - often requested for school banquet covered dishes, which is nice because it's so easy to put together and my time and cost invested is minimal!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Dinners >