Taco Crescent Bake Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups crushed corn chips, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Unroll crescent dough into a rectangle; press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with 1 cup of chips; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Spoon over chips. Top with sour cream, cheese and remaining chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Taco Crescent Bake
Sort By :
Baked the crust first...got approval from the whole family! Very tasty!
Made this tonight. Family enjoyed it thoroughly.
Great start. I bake the crust 10 minutes first. Then put a layer of refried beans before adding the chips. Then put the meat mixture. I added a layer of green chiles for a little heat. Then finished with the sour cream, cheese, and chips. Baked another 15 to 20 minutes. Was very good with the changes.
This is a family favorite recipe. I love to make it when company comes over. It receives rave reviews.
I made this recipe but the only thing I did differently was, after I put the chips on the crust I baked the crust for about 10 mins. Then after I added other ingredients I baked it until the cheese was melted and the crust edges are golden brown. /The other ingredients are already cooked. This helps the crust to get less soggy. This is absolutely a favorite of my family!