Taco Crackers Recipe
One handful of these crispy oyster crackers is never enough. Taco seasoning and chili powder give the munchies a fun southwestern flavor. Partygoers always come back for more. - Diane Earnest Newton, Illinois
- 3 packages (10 ounces each) oyster crackers
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1. Place the crackers in a large roasting pan; drizzle with oil. Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over crackers and toss to coat.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Yield: 16 cups.
Reviews for Taco Crackers
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2013
"I have used this recipe time and again!I made adjustments on the recipe to suit my tastes: This is what I did:I used 2 packages of soup crackers: (12.5 oz. each), 2 cups Cheddar cheese goldfishcrackers, 2 Tbsp. sugar, 1/4 cup ground cumin as I'd used up my taco seasoning supply, & used 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning in place of the oregano. I had the chili powder, so I used that! I use a large roasting pan to prepare my snack mixes as it's deep and I don't have to be concernedabout the mix falling of the pan when a 15x10x1" pan would be used & when I stirthe mix! I've prepared this taco mix for our Chapel coffee breaks and everyone likes the flavor! Thank you for this recipe, DianeEarnest! delowenstein"
Reviewed May. 20, 2009
"This is a great munchie for the weekend nascar fans."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC