Taco Corn Bread Squares Recipe
Corn bread makes a delicious crust for this hearty meal from Denise Hughes of Waynesville, Missouri. "I cut it into bite-size squares so it's less messy to eat," she shares. "My family loves it!"
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups cooked Taco-Seasoned Meat
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the corn bread mix, egg and milk until blended. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Combine taco meat and beans; spread over corn bread. Combine sour cream, 1 cup cheese and onion; spread over meat mixture.
- 3. Bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with the tomato, lettuce, olives and remaining cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Taco Corn Bread Squares
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC