Our family loves tacos and taco salad, so I thought it would be fun to make soup that tastes like a taco. Whenever someone new tries it, they ask for the recipe.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce or salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- Dash garlic salt
- Dash onion salt
- Crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, taco sauce, chilies,
- chili powder, garlic salt and onion salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over crushed tortilla
- chips. Garnish with cheese and sour cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 299 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 837 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 20 g protein.