Taco Chicken Rolls Recipe
- 1 cup finely crushed cheese flavored crackers
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into six 2-inch x 1/2-inch sticks
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1. In a shallow dish, combine the cracker crumbs and taco seasoning; set aside. Flatten chicken between two sheets of waxed paper to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a cheese stick and about 1 tablespoon of chilies on each piece of chicken. Tuck ends of chicken in and roll up; secure with a toothpick.
- 2. Coat chicken with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 283 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.