"I always keep the ingredients for this tender flavorful chicken on hand," writes Kara De la vega of Suisun City, California. "The cheese-stuffed rolls are nice with a green salad or plate of fresh vegetables and Spanish rice."
- 1 cup finely crushed cheese flavored crackers
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into six 2-inch x 1/2-inch sticks
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a shallow dish, combine the cracker crumbs and taco seasoning; set aside. Flatten chicken between two sheets of waxed paper to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a cheese stick and about 1 tablespoon of chilies on each piece of chicken. Tuck ends of chicken in and roll up; secure with a toothpick.
- Coat chicken with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Taco Chicken Rolls in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p12
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Taco Chicken Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review