Taco Cheesecake Recipe
One taste of Judy Eckert's eye-catching appetizer proves cheesecake isn't just for dessert. "This savory variation is a crowd favorite at parties," she notes from Fulton, New York.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:18-20 servings
- 3 teaspoons cornmeal
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Sprinkle bottom of greased 9-in. springform pan with cornmeal; set aside. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the taco seasoning, sour cream and salsa. Stir in the eggs, pepper Jack cheese and chilies. Fold in olives. Pour over cornmeal.
- 2. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool for 1 hour. (Top of cheesecake may crack.) Refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove sides of pan. Spread sour cream over top and sides of cheesecake. Arrange olives, onions, tomato slices and jalapeno slices on top. Serve with crackers. Yield: 18-20 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC