Taco Casseroles Recipe
It’s easy to satisfy a large group when you serve this main dish, because it makes three colorful casseroles. It’s hearty with ground beef and beans and mildly spiced to please most any palate.—Alison Gilmore, Portland, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 3 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 6 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 3 cups (24 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 12 green onions, sliced
- Shredded lettuce and additional taco sauce, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, taco sauce, chili powder and garlic powder.
- 2. Divide chips among three ungreased 2-qt. baking dishes; top with beef mixture. Combine sour cream and flour; spread over top. Sprinkle with cheese, tomatoes and onions.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Serve with shredded lettuce and additional taco sauce if desired. Yield: 3 casseroles (8 servings each).
1 cup (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 371 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 555 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC