This casserole makes a very filling main dish and the chicken soup adds a tasty flavor, too!Juanita Gilliam, Tillamook, Oregon
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown beef and onion; drain fat. Stir in taco seasoning
- and tomato sauce; set aside. In a large bowl, mix together soup,
- sour cream and chilies. Place one tortilla in the bottom of a 10-in.
- pie plate. Combine beef mixture with half of soup mixture; spoon
- over tortilla. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese; top with second tortilla.
- Top with remaining soup mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or until heated through. Let
- stand a few minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 368 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 1,203 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.