My preschooler doesn’t eat ground beef unless it’s taco flavored, so I came up with this casserole we all like. To make assembly easy, I prepare the taco meat and freeze several bags at a time. I also cook the noodles over the weekend for a timely supper later in the week. –Kathy Wilson, Romeoville, Illinois
7 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups nacho tortilla chips, crushed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, salsa, tomatoes and taco
- seasoning. Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with tortilla chips. Bake
- 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.