Flour tortillas bake to a delightful crispness in this family-pleasing fare from Katie. Full of beef, peppers and south-of-the border flair, the burritos are a great way to spice up dinnertime.
Featured In: Top 10 Mexican Dinner Recipes
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef or pork
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Taco toppings of your choice
- In a large skillet, cook the meat, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the garlic, taco seasoning and water. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Place four tortillas on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high for 20 seconds. Place 1/2 cup of meat mixture on each; fold over sides and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Brush burritos with oil. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned and slightly crisp. Serve with toppings. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Taco Burritos in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p10
Reviews for Taco Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2016
"These turned out well. A great alternative to regular tacos. Have made them twice now and will make again!"