Taco Burgers Recipe
- 1 cup finely crushed corn chips
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Sandwich buns, split
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Salsa, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the corn chips, taco seasoning, onion and egg. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- 3. Top each burger with a cheese slice; cook just until cheese begins to melt. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and, if desired, salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Taco Burgers
"Really liked it!!!"
"Nice change from the traditional burger :)"
"This tasty burger was a hit with the kids! I served mine with salsa verde, tomato and light sour cream."
"We really enjoyed these. I used ground turkey and grilled them. Delicious!"
"Too much taco mix flavor (maybe use 2 lbs meat?) Too dry."
"Awesome burgers instead of tacos. I added a squirt of Ketchup too and used GF chips."
"The family loved these! We served them with guacamole, sour cream and salsa for toppings."
"I thought this would be a great meal to please everyone and it really was. I mix everything inside a ziptop bag, kneading from the outside to keep my hands clean, and I love my burger presses. I had no cheddar cheese on hand, so I used American on theirs. On mine, I used a dollop of salsa and sour cream. Such a nice change from plain burgers and definitely something I'd make again!"
"this recipe was fantastic. my family loves mexican food and anything taco flavored. these burgers were super simple to make and really do taste like tacos. i did add salso to the top of the burger before eating just to give more of a taco feel. i will definitely be making these again."
"What is the calorie content of the burger with the added ingredients in the burger, ie chips and the taco seasoining?"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.