My family loves the taste of tacos, but I dislike the mess! So I developed these burgers as a tasty but "neat" alternative.Linda Logan, Warren, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup finely crushed corn chips
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Sandwich buns, split
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the corn chips, taco seasoning, onion and
- egg. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and
- juices run clear.
- Top each burger with a cheese slice; cook just until cheese begins to
- melt. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and salsa if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or