My family loves the taste of tacos, but I dislike the mess! So I developed these burgers as a tasty but tidy alternative.—Linda Logan, Warren, Ohio
- 1 cup finely crushed corn chips
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Sandwich buns, split
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the corn chips, taco seasoning, onion and egg. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Top each burger with a cheese slice; cook just until cheese begins to melt. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and, if desired, salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Taco Burgers in Country Ground Beef 1993, p15
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Taco Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review