Taco Bundles Recipe
A gourmet Mexican cooking class led GaleLynn Peterson of Long Beach, California to a "bundle" for spicy flavors. "I had so much fun in class that I came up with many of my own recipes, including these easy sandwiches that kids especially love," she says.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, guacamole and sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, olives and taco sauce.
- 2. Unroll crescent dough; separate into eight rectangles. Seal seams and perforations. Place meat mixture in the center of each rectangle; sprinkle with cheeses. Fold dough over filling and pinch to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Layer with lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole and sour cream on four serving plates; top each with two bundles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 601 calories, 38 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,320 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC