A gourmet Mexican cooking class led GaleLynn Peterson of Long Beach, California to a "bundle" for spicy flavors. "I had so much fun in class that I came up with many of my own recipes, including these easy sandwiches that kids especially love," she says.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, olives and taco sauce.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into eight rectangles. Seal seams and perforations. Place meat mixture in the center of each rectangle; sprinkle with cheeses. Fold dough over filling and pinch to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Layer with lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole and sour cream on four serving plates; top each with two bundles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Taco Bundles in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p46
Reviews for Taco Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2014
"These were just ok to us. I don't think we would make them again. Easy and fast to make though."
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2011
"My family loved this. My husband said "this is definitely a 'do again'."