Taco Bubble Pizza Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Green onions, optional
- 1. Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut each biscuit into eight pieces. Remove beef mixture from heat and gently stir in biscuit pieces. Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 8-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with toppings. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Taco Bubble Pizza
"I made this for my family last night and as they are big taco fans, it was well received. My mom like this better than regular tacos. My daughters wren't sure about that, though they like it a lot. My nephew and his girlfriend liked it. I saved out two biscuits because I thought there were enough!"
"This was easy to make and tasted good. The taco seasoning added just a bit of spice, but you could add more if needed. I also used a 16-oz. can of biscuits for more "crust." Using kitchen shears made cutting them easy, too. I'll make this one again!"
"Why would you choose to use a bland pasty condensed tomato soup instead of a pizza sauce? Maybe for very young children , but I can't see teenagers or adults liking that."
"This recipe was excellent, although it does seem pretty familiar... http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/mexican-bubble-pizza/83f1bd35-d6d3-46ce-8f80-ccd7473dfb8a"
"This was good. We enjoyed it and it went together fairly well. I used reduced fat grands biscuits."
"This recipe is heavy, one note, and boring. Though my kids loved making it. It really needs something else. Red peppers,onion cooked in."
"Very easy to make and quite tasty. The biscuits add a nice texture."
"Easy, quick, love it. I used a Boboli instead of the biscuits. Made it even faster to put together."
"I tried this for lunch today.So easy to make Next time I will make a double batch.My son ate half the pan. My husband, who is fussy as hell loved it.What a great recipe.Will have to make this once a week for sure"
"I made this Sunday night for dinner. I got a 4 thumbs up."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.