- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili con carne
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, quarter the biscuits; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with beef mixture, chili and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Taco Biscuit Bake
Sort By :
It was good but not great.
I halved the recipe but still used the full can of chili. Not very healthy but the family liked it. Would make again.
I made this tonight. Although we liked it enough to probably make it again, it won't be going into our favorite recipes. It was just okay. After reading the previous comments about too much bread, I used only one 6 oz. tube of biscuits in a 9 x 7 1/2 glass baking dish. It was still too much bread. Between the chili, taco seasoning, and the cheese, it was much too salty for my taste. Next time I'll probably use half a package of taco seasoning instead.
This was very tasty, but too much bread and not enough filling. I would either use 2 lbs. of meat and 2 taco seasonings or I would use 1 tube of biscuits and cook in a 11X7 dish instead.
We loved the concept with the biscuits and salsa and my kids liked arranging the biscuits in the pan. We may try it again, but we would cut out the chili and fill in with more of the taco meat.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >