Your whole gang will enjoy this fresh Mexican bake. It’s a tasty new take on tacos. —Sara Martin, Whitefish, Montana
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili con carne
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, quarter the biscuits; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with beef mixture, chili and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Taco Biscuit Bake in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p21
Reviews for Taco Biscuit Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review