Taco Bean Salad
Storing Seasoned Hamburger Mix in the freezer helps Dorothy beat the clock when she is creating this change-of-pace tossed salad. Guests will love how it's chock-full of good stuff, including fresh tomatoes, chopped avocado and canned kidney beans.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 6 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups Seasoned Hamburger Mix, thawed
- 1 bottle (7 ounces) green taco sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Ranch salad dressing or dressing of your choice
- Chop two tomatoes; cut remaining tomatoes into wedges. In a large
- salad bowl, toss the lettuce, tortilla chips, cheese, beans, avocado
- and chopped tomatoes; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine hamburger mix and taco sauce.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon over salad; toss gently. Top with tomato wedges and onions.
- Serve with dressing. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 1/2 cup salad (calculated without dressing) equals 327 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 459 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 17 g protein.