Storing Seasoned Hamburger Mix in the freezer helps Dorothy beat the clock when she is creating this change-of-pace tossed salad. Guests will love how it's chock-full of good stuff, including fresh tomatoes, chopped avocado and canned kidney beans.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 6 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups Seasoned Hamburger Mix, thawed
- 1 bottle (7 ounces) green taco sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Ranch salad dressing or dressing of your choice
- Chop two tomatoes; cut remaining tomatoes into wedges. In a large salad bowl, toss the lettuce, tortilla chips, cheese, beans, avocado and chopped tomatoes; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine hamburger mix and taco sauce. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Spoon over salad; toss gently. Top with tomato wedges and onions. Serve with dressing. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Taco Bean Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p14
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Taco Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review