Taco Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (8 ounce) shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat; drain. Add the water, taco seasoning and tomato sauce; mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in macaroni, chilies and 1-1/2 cups of cheese. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 380 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1205mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Taco Bake
"The taste was good and enjoyed by the entire family - even the 15 month old. Next time I will add some corn and black beans."
"Very easy very good. The family loved it. going on the monthly menu."
"An old favorite; easy & has simple, handy ingredients. Very tasty. Might want to reduce pasta to 6 oz and use less chilies if family is sensitive to such. Monterey Jack is a good alternative to the cheddar."
"My family really enjoys this tasty casserole. It's easy to prepare and easy on the pocketbook too."
"This was Delicious! Adding a can of black olives and crushed tortilla chips really topped it off. I also garnished mine with chopped fresh tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and a dollop of sour cream, my favorite taco toppings."
"This is in the oven now. Hoping it tastes as good as it smells! I added a can of sliced black olives to the mixture, and topped it with crushed corn tortilla chips along with the cheese."
"I made this tonight for the first time. I hate to say it, but it wasn't worth the cost of the ingredients that I put into it. Very ordinary. DH said "Don't make this one again.""
"This is one of my family's favorite dishes! I make it at least once a month, if not more often, and I never get "that again?" - everyone loves it. It's very easy to prepare, and it's fairly quick. It's also simple to prepare ahead of time and have ready to pop in the oven. Love it!"