Taco Bake is a specialty of Marlene Logan's in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Her hearty dish is perfect for a hungry family or to serve to company.
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (8 ounce) shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat; drain.
- Add the water, taco seasoning and tomato sauce; mix. Bring to a
- boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in macaroni,
- chilies and 1-1/2 cups of cheese. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt.
- baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake at 350°
- for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 380 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 1,205 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.