- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (8 ounce) shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat; drain. Add the water, taco seasoning and tomato sauce; mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in macaroni, chilies and 1-1/2 cups of cheese. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Taco Bake
"The taste was good and enjoyed by the entire family - even the 15 month old. Next time I will add some corn and black beans."
"Very easy very good. The family loved it. going on the monthly menu."
"An old favorite; easy & has simple, handy ingredients. Very tasty. Might want to reduce pasta to 6 oz and use less chilies if family is sensitive to such. Monterey Jack is a good alternative to the cheddar."
"My family really enjoys this tasty casserole. It's easy to prepare and easy on the pocketbook too."
"This was Delicious! Adding a can of black olives and crushed tortilla chips really topped it off. I also garnished mine with chopped fresh tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and a dollop of sour cream, my favorite taco toppings."