Taco Appetizer Platter Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasonings; simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and milk; spread on a 14-in. serving platter or pizza pan. Top with meat mixture. Sprinkle with chilies, tomatoes, onions and lettuce. Drizzle with barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Serve with corn chips. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Taco Appetizer Platter(5)
Sort By :
I have made this several times and taken for functions, it is always a hit and everyone wants the recipe. I add a can of refried beans to the hamburger mix and use taco sauce in place of the barbeque sauce. I also serve it with Frito Scoops.
Family & friends beg me to bring this appetizer to our get-togethers all year long. I sub ground turkey for the beef and it is amazing!
I made this for an appetizer for my daughter's
thirteenth birthday party It was a great hit with all ten guests!
I did omit the honey barbecue sauce and used medium hot salsa. Also instead of cheddar cheese I used mexican.
Thank you for this great appetizer!
I make this recipe often, people really like the meat in it. I generally sub taco sauce for the BBQ sauce.
This sounds so good and I am anxious to try it. I don't have the ingredients now so will get them and try it later.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Cheese Dip >
- Mexican Dip >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Appetizers >