Taco Appetizer Platter
"A crowd usually gathers when I set out my barbecue-flavored taco dip," reports field editor Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska. "It's gone before I know it!"
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add water and taco seasonings; simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and milk; spread on a 14-in.
- serving platter or pizza pan. Top with meat mixture. Sprinkle with
- chilies, tomatoes, onions and lettuce. Drizzle with barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Serve with corn chips. Yield: 8-10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 263 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 665 mg sodium,