Taco Appetizer Platter Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Corn chips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasonings; simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and milk; spread on a 14-in. serving platter or pizza pan. Top with meat mixture. Sprinkle with chilies, tomatoes, onions and lettuce. Drizzle with barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Serve with corn chips. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 263 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 665 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Taco Appetizer Platter
"So easy and so good. Made it for a neighborhood gathering, and they all loved it."
"What a tasty appetizer! Love the Taco flavor, but the addition of the barbecue sauce gives it a surprise smokey sweetness. Great to serve to a crowd or just for a late night snack."
"I have made this before and the honey barbecue sauce is what makes it so great! I was a bit hesitant at first but it ended up being everyone's favorite taco dip! Wouldn't change a thing!"
"I have made this several times and taken for functions, it is always a hit and everyone wants the recipe. I add a can of refried beans to the hamburger mix and use taco sauce in place of the barbeque sauce. I also serve it with Frito Scoops."
"Family & friends beg me to bring this appetizer to our get-togethers all year long. I sub ground turkey for the beef and it is amazing!"
"I made this for an appetizer for my daughter'sthirteenth birthday party It was a great hit with all ten guests!I did omit the honey barbecue sauce and used medium hot salsa. Also instead of cheddar cheese I used mexican.Thank you for this great appetizer!"
"I make this recipe often, people really like the meat in it. I generally sub taco sauce for the BBQ sauce."
"This sounds so good and I am anxious to try it. I don't have the ingredients now so will get them and try it later.Thank you."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.