Tabouli is a Middle Eastern vegetarian salad, primarily made with bulgur, lemon juice, tomato and herbs. This version is delicious! —Kristin Arnett, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
- 1 cup bulgur
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place bulgur in a large bowl; stir in boiling water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Drain and squeeze dry.
- In another large bowl, combine tomatoes, carrots, feta cheese, olives, basil, lemon juice, oil and salt. Add bulgur and toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Tabouli Primavera in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p188
Reviews for Tabouli Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2012
"This is very good I added cucumber that made it even better and kept out the carrots"