This cool refreshing salad is perfect to serve in warm weather. Bulgur blends deliciously with parsley, mint, tomatoes, onions and lemon juice. "My brother brought this great grain dish to a family gathering," explains Wanda Watson of Irving, Texas. "I loved the taste and texture so much, I had to have his recipe.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions (tops only)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 6 romaine leaves
- Place bulgur in a bowl; stir in water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Drain and squeeze dry. Stir in the lemon juice, oil, onions, parsley, salt and mint. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in tomato. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tabbouleh in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p62
Reviews for Tabbouleh
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review