“My co-workers love when I bring this dish to get-togethers,” writes Sandra Bienz of Calgary, Alberta. “It's great as a side dish, but also good enough to stand alone.”
Featured In: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Place bulgur in a small bowl; stir in boiling water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the bulgur, cucumber, onions, parsley and mint. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, ginger, coriander, salt and pepper. Pour over bulgur mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl; top with shrimp. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Tabbouleh Salad with Shrimp in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p25
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tabbouleh Salad with Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review