Tabbouleh Salad Recipe
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup minced fresh mint
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- Place bulgur in a small bowl; stir in boiling water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed; drain well.
- Place in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, mint and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, jalapeno, garlic, salt, allspice and pepper. Pour over bulgur mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve over lettuce leaves. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Tabbouleh Salad
Sort By :
"Delicious! I've been working my way through several tabbouleh recipes and this is, by far, the best yet!"
"Tabbouleh is wonderful. I make one like yours. I changed the recipe I had and use chicken broth or stock for even more flavor and I also put some dill in it."
"This was such a delicious and filling salad! I'll be sure to make this one again."