T-Bones with Onions Recipe
Steak gets a dressy treatment when topped with tasty onion slices flavored with honey and mustard. "I found this recipe on a bag of charcoal more than 10 years ago," shares Sheree Quate of Cave Junction, Oregon. "It's terrific with green beans or corn."
- 3 large onions, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef T-bone steaks (1 inch thick and 12 ounces each)
- Additional salt and pepper
- 1. Place onions in the center of a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 20 in. x 18 in.). Drizzle with honey; sprinkle with the salt, mustard, paprika and pepper. Fold foil over onions and seal tightly. Season steaks with additional salt and pepper.
- 2. Grill onions and steaks, covered, over medium heat. Grill onions for 10-12 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill steak for 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let steak stand for 3-5 minutes. Serve with onions. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 421 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 428mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 48g protein.
Reviews for T-Bones with Onions
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC