Simple seasonings transform crisp, sweet sugar snap peas into an unbeatable side dish your family will favor. Chopped walnuts can be used in place of the cashews.—Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
- 6 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup salted cashew halves
- In a Dutch oven, saute peas in peanut oil and sesame oil until crisp-tender. Add the onions, orange peel, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes; saute 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the cilantro, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cashews just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Szechuan Sugar Snap Peas in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p164
Reviews for Szechuan Sugar Snap Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review