Szechuan Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 10 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (10 ounces) julienned carrots
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the canola oil, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and pepper flakes; set aside.
- 2. Drain spaghetti; rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl. Add the shrimp, carrots, peas, red pepper, onions and cilantro. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 462 calories, 21 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 455 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Szechuan Shrimp Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.