Szechuan Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 10 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (10 ounces) julienned carrots
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the canola oil, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and pepper flakes; set aside.
- Drain spaghetti; rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl. Add the shrimp, carrots, peas, red pepper, onions and cilantro. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Szechuan Shrimp Salad
Sort By :
Made this w/ whole wheat spaghetti...awful! Made it again w/ instant stir-fry noodles...loved it! Did not rinse the noodles in cold water (will ball together), just drained the water and mixed in some sauce to marinate the noodles while hot. Spread them out w/ a fork on a large piece of parchment on the counter to cool (not long), then added the veggies, more dressing and to the fridge for a few hours. Served w/ lime wedges....yum, yum!
This has become a favorite at our house. *Note: If making it ahead, do not add shrimp until you are ready to serve...shrimp added a day in advance will become soggy. *
Whenever I serve it for friends/family, I get requests to share the recipe. I add a bit more vinegar, ginger and red pepper than the recipe calls, depending my mood and the palates of the others eating the salad. I also serve it w/ wedges of lime-this adds a lovely flavor to the salad.
This dressing is delicious w/ similar ingredients served w/ Napa cabbage, edamame, etc. for a pasta-less salad.
Awesome salad. My hubby took the leftovers to work for his lunch the next day and the guys wanted to buy his lunch it smelled so good.
This is fantastic! Loved the fresh flavors of the ginger root and cilantro. My husband and I both loved it. Our kids are not picky eaters, but this was a little too mature for them.
I've made this several times and we love it! I dont put much carrot in--and instead of the red peper flakes I add a chopped jalepeno pepper
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Shrimp Pasta Recipes >
- Shrimp Recipes >