Szechuan Pork Tacos Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder butt roast
- 60 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, divided
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon lime juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 4 cups Chinese or napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1. Combine the Cajun seasoning, brown sugar and five-spice powder; rub over pork. Place roast in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Spray 10 wonton wrappers with cooking spray. Fold each wrapper in half diagonally and place over the edge of a 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and immediately pull wrappers apart gently, forming taco shells; set aside. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- 3. When pork is cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks; place in a large bowl. Combine the hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons lime juice and pepper sauce; add to pork and toss to coat.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the honey, lime peel and remaining rice vinegar and lime juice. Add the cabbage, carrot, onions and jalapeno; toss to coat. Spoon pork mixture into taco shells; top with coleslaw. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 appetizer: 58 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Szechuan Pork Tacos
"The flavor was really good. I used a broccoli slaw instead of the nappa cabbage. I also decided to make this large by using egg roll wrappers instead. That was a mistake. They broke apart too easily and we had to eat them like chips with the pork and slaw on top. Stick to the wontons."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer