Szechuan Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Szechuan chili sauce
- 2-1/2 pounds whole chicken wings
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, sugar, water, garlic, lemon juice and chili sauce; set aside.
- 2. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Place flour in another large resealable plastic bag; add chicken wings, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 8 minutes or until golden brown and juices run clear, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Add chicken to soy sauce mixture, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Yield: 7 servings.
4 chicken wings equals 425 calories, 28 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 1,673 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.