"My family loves Chinese food," says Carol Roane, Sarasota, Florida, "so I came up with this quick-and-easy recipe to use up leftover chicken, pork or beef."
Recommended: 30 Healthy Dinner Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 4 quarts water
- 6 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup stir-fry sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add spaghetti; cook for 4 minutes. Add vegetables; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until spaghetti and vegetables are tender. Drain. Toss with butter; set aside and keep warm.
- In a nonstick skillet, stir-fry the chicken, garlic and red pepper flakes in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add stir-fry sauce; heat through. Add onions and spaghetti mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Szechuan Chicken Noodle Toss in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p33
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Szechuan Chicken Noodle Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 28, 2015
"A quick, easy meal perfect for weeknight dinners! This is definitely a family favorite!"