Symphony Onion Soup Recipe
You won't miss a step with this savory soup that has a touch of sweetness from molasses. Tender onions and a beefy broth make it especially noteworthy. You can serve it solo or topped with Quarter Note Croutons.
- 8 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 to 3 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white wine or water
- 5 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10 Quarter Note Croutons
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onions in butter. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the molasses and sugar. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. In a small bowl, combine flour and wine or water until smooth. Add to onion mixture with broth, bay leaves, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Ladle into bowls; top with croutons. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Symphony Onion Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC