Swordfish Skewers Recipe
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds swordfish steaks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add the swordfish, pineapple and green peppers. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the swordfish, pineapple and green peppers.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 280 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein Diabetic Exchanges:5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat
Reviews for Swordfish Skewers
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.