Swordfish Skewers Recipe
In Baraboo, Wisconsin, Nancy Thome threads marinated swordfish, fresh pineapple and green pepper onto skewers for a grilled sensation. The kabobs offer a hint of citrus flavor that's uniquely complemented by cayenne pepper, chili powder and crushed red pepper flakes.
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds swordfish steaks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add the swordfish, pineapple and green peppers. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the swordfish, pineapple and green peppers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Swordfish Skewers in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Swordfish Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review