Swordfish Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound swordfish steak, skin removed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 4 wedges
- 1/2 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 8 chunks
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar and seasonings. Place 3 tablespoons in a large resealable plastic bag; add swordfish and shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Set remaining marinade aside for basting.
- 2. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread the swordfish, tomatoes, shrimp, onion and yellow pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Baste with some of reserved marinade. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until fish just turns opaque and shrimp turn pink, turning and basting frequently. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 426 calories, 32g fat (5g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Swordfish Shrimp Kabobs
"This was just ok. The marinade had a very good flavor but it didn't do anything to enhance the flavor of the shrimp or swordfish."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.