Swordfish Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound swordfish steak, skin removed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 4 wedges
- 1/2 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 8 chunks
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar and seasonings. Place 3 tablespoons in a large resealable plastic bag; add swordfish and shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Set remaining marinade aside for basting.
- 2. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread the swordfish, tomatoes, shrimp, onion and yellow pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Baste with some of reserved marinade. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until fish just turns opaque and shrimp turn pink, turning and basting frequently. Yield: 2 servings.
2 kabobs equals 426 calories, 32 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Swordfish Shrimp Kabobs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.