Swisscamole Burgers Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1. In a bowl, combine ground beef with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Shape into 8 small patties.
- 2. Mash avocados and mix with remaining salt, onion, lemon juice, mayonnaise and bacon. Place a slice of cheese on 4 of the patties. Top with avocado mixture. Cover with another pattie; press edges to seal.
- 3. Broil or grill to desired doneness. Serve on toasted buns. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 710 calories, 51 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 1,426 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Swisscamole Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.