Swiss Zucchini Bake
This is a great entree for a romantic brunch for two, sent from George Hascher of Phoenicia, New York. This cheesy, comforting bake will make you both smile.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- Place zucchini and onion in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan
- over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 4-6
- minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, bouillon, Italian seasoning,
- mustard and pepper; set aside.
- Layer half of zucchini mixture in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. Repeat layers.
- Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife comes
- out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 306 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 262 mg cholesterol, 418 mg sodium,