This is a great entree for a romantic brunch for two, sent from George Hascher of Phoenicia, New York. This cheesy, comforting bake will make you both smile.
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- Place zucchini and onion in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, bouillon, Italian seasoning, mustard and pepper; set aside.
- Layer half of zucchini mixture in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. Repeat layers. Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Zucchini Bake in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p39
Reviews for Swiss Zucchini Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review