- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- Place zucchini and onion in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, bouillon, Italian seasoning, mustard and pepper; set aside.
- Layer half of zucchini mixture in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. Repeat layers. Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Swiss Zucchini Bake
Sort By :
This was really a good recipe, but I have to remove the green skin on the zucchini since my husband cannot have it...The saying is "Real men don't like quiche", but this is not quiche and my husband loved it....I thought it was good myself and will make it again.
This was great! I only had cheddar on hand and that worked as well. Thank you! I will definitely make this side dish again.
I will toss the squash in the egg mixture next time.
I try to serve meatless meals several times a week. This made an excellent supper for just my husband and I. I served it with roast vegetables and a green salad. Wonderful!
YUMMY!! Very good, forgot to add the onions :(. Followed directions otherwise, did put salt & pepper on top. Will make again