This spread is simple to prepare and makes an excellent snack for holiday and family gatherings. It features "Dairy State" products and has a nice crunch from the walnuts.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Crackers and/or bagel chips
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the Swiss cheese, sour cream and mustard. Stir in the walnuts, parsley and onions.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with crackers and/or bagel chips. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Swiss Walnut Cracker Snack in Country August/September 2005, p49
Reviews for Swiss Walnut Cracker Snack
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2010
"Everyone loves this. Instead of the crackers or bagel chips I used cut up bagels. It was a big hit!"
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2010
"I served this at a bridal shower. I substituted dill dill for the mustard since the bride-to-be doesn't like mustard. Great with bagel chips."